Use of is, am, are

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Use of is, am, are


Use of is, am, are

use of is am are


Use of is, am, are
Affirmative Sentences



  •  Is, am, are - are used in present tense
  • When the subject is - he, she, it, this, that or some singular number
  • He is, she is, it is, rama is, gyan is, this is, that is and so on.
  • Only with i, as a subject, - 'am' is used
  • When the subject is any of these - you, we, they or some plural number,- 'are' is used
  • We are, you are, they are, teachers are, businessmen are and so on.



  1. I m a publisher
  2. He is a printer
  3. She is a teacher
  4. He is an author
  5. You are a book-seller
  6. It is an attractive sight
  7. That is a flying creature
  8. My books are in the almirah
  9. Money is in my pocket
  10. Love is in heart
  11. I m on land
  12. He is above land
  13. You are honest
  14. He is brave
  15. She is beautiful
  16. I m busy
  17. You are smart
  18. He is a promising boy
  19. You are a clever student
  20. She is an expert dancer



Use not for the
Negative sentence



  • We have read and learnt the use of is, am, are, here, we are, to use not just after is, am, are
  • Is not
  • Am not
  • Are not



  1. I m not a confectioner
  2. I m not a traitor
  3. You are not a minister
  4. She is not an inspector
  5. My brother is not a peon
  6. Maria is not honest
  7. Sarita is not healthy
  8. He is not fat
  9. The room is not dirty
  10. Mehra is not a good lady
  11. This is not a ripe mango
  12. This is not  his maiden speech
  13. You are not an expert rider
  14. My mare is not an ordinary creature
  15. The cap is not on his head
  16. Children are not in my bag
  17. They are not at the bus terminus



Use Is he, Am I, Are you
Present Question Form



  • We have seen the use of is, am, are. here, we are to place is, am, are, before the subject and a question-mark(?) is put at the end of the sentence.
  • Am I, is she, are you,



  1. Am I a man?
  2. Are you an officer?
  3. Is he a labourer?
  4. Are they masons?
  5. Are we leaders?
  6. Is omi dishonest?
  7. Are we sad?
  8. Is Neelam dark skinned?
  9. Is her mother fair-skinned?
  10. Are you safe?
  11. Is she a great woman?
  12. Is Ghanshyam a rich man?
  13. Are they, naughty children?
  14. Are these useless newspapers?
  15. Am I your friend?
  16. Is your mother in the kitchen?
  17. Are my shoes under the table?
  18. Is renu above all in the class?
  19. Is your house behind the polices station?
  20. Is the red fort in Delhi?

0 comments :

Post a Comment