Active and Passive (Present and Past)

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Active and Passive (Present and Past)


Active and Passive  (Present and Past)

Active and Passive

Present simple

Active 

  • We make butter from milk
  • Somebody cleans these rooms every day.
  • people never invite me to parties
  • how do they make butter?

Passive

  • butter is made from milk.
  • these rooms are cleaned every day.
  • I am never invited to parties.
  • how is butter made?

Past Simple

Active 

  • Somebody stole my car last week.
  • Somebody stole my keys yesterday.
  • they didn't invite me to the party.
  • when did they build these houses?

Passive

  • My car was stolen last week.
  • my keys were stolen yesterday.
  • I wasn't invited to the party.
  • when were these houses build?

Present Continuous

Active

  • They are building a new airport at the moment
  • they are building some new houses near the river.

Passive

  • A new airport is being built at the moment.
  • some new houses are being built near the river.

Past Continuous

Active

  • When I was here a few years ago, they were building a new airport.

Passive

  • When I was here a few years ago, a new airport was being built.

Present perfect

Active

  • Look! they have painted the door. these shirts are clean. somebody has washed them.
  • Somebody has stolen my car.

Passive

  • Look! the door has been painted. these shirts are clean. they have been washed.
  • My car has been stolen.

Past Perfect

Active

  • Ann said that somebody had stolen her car.

Passive

  • Ann said that her car had been stolen.

Will/ can/ must/ have to etc.

Active

  • Somebody will clean the office tomorrow.
  • somebody must clean the office.
  • I think they'll invite you to the party.
  • they can't repair my watch.
  • you should wash this sweater by hand.
  • they are going to build a new airport.
  • somebody has to wash these clothes.
  • they had to make the injured man to the hospital.

Passive

  • the office will be cleaned tomorrow.
  • the office must be cleaned.
  • I think you'll be invited to the party.
  • my watch can't be repaired.
  • this sweater should be washed by hand.
  • A new airport is going to be built.
  • these clothes have to be washed.
  • the injured man had to be taken to a hospital.

0 comments :

Post a Comment