I've just/ I've already/ I haven't yet

Saturday, March 16, 2019

I've just/ I've already/ I haven't yet


I've just/ I've already/ I haven't yet

I've just/ I've already/ I haven't yet

I've just

Just = a short time ago

  • Are Jane and David here?
         Yes, they've just arrived.
  • Are you hungry?
          No, I've just had dinner?
  • Is Tom here
          No, I'm afraid he's just gone.

I've already

Already = before you expected / before I expected

  • What time are Diane and Paul coming?
         They've already arrived.
  • It's only nine o'clock and Ann has already gone to bed.
  • John this is mary.
          yes, I know. Were already met.

I haven't yet/ Have you....yet?

You can use yet in negative sentences and questions. Yet is usually at the end.

Yet in negative sentences:

  • Are Diane and Paul here?

          No, they haven't arrived yet.

  • Does John know that you're going away?

          No, I haven't told him yet.

Margaret has bought a new dress but she hasn't worn it yet.

Yet in question

  • Have Diane and Paul arrived yet?

          No, not yet. We're still waiting for them.


  • Has Linda started her new job yet?

          No, starts next week.


  • This is my new dress.

          Oh, it's nice. Have you worn it yet?

0 comments :

Post a Comment