I do/work/like etc.

Monday, March 4, 2019

I do/work/like etc.


I do/work/like etc.

I do/work/like etc.

They read/ she lives/ i work etc.

I/we/you/they
read, like, work, live, watch, do, have

he/she/it
reads, likes, works, lives, watches, does, has

We read a lot.
They read a lot.
I like ice-cream.
He likes ice-cream.

Remember:

he works/ she lives/ it rains etc.

  • I work in a shop. my brother works in a bank.
  • Linda lives in London. Her parents live in Scotland.
  • It rains a lot in winter.

I have - he/she/it has:

  • John has a shower every day.

Spelling

-es after -s/ -sh/ -ch: 
pass - passes,  finish - finishes,  watch - watches

-y and -ies
study - studies, try - tries

We use the present simple for things that are true in general, or for things that happen sometimes or all the times.


  • I like big cities.
  • The shops open at 9 O'clock and close at 5:30.
  • Tim works very hard. He starts at 7.30 and finishes at 8 o'clock in the evening.
  • The earth goes around the sun.
  • We do a lot of different things in our free time.
  • It costs a lot of money to stay at luxury hotels.


Always/never/sometimes/usually 


  • Sue always arrives at work early.
  • I usually go to work by car but sometimes I walk.
  • Julia never eats breakfast.
  • Tom lives near us. We often see him.

0 comments :

Post a Comment