I don't

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

I don't


I don't 

I don't

The present simple negative is don't/doesn't + verb

She doesn't drink coffee.
He doesn't like his job.

Positive -  Negative
I work    / I don't work
We like   / We Don't Like
You do    / You don't do
They have / They don't have
He Works  / He doesn't work
She likes / she doesn't like
It has    / It doesn't have


  • I drink coffee but I don't drink tea.
  • Sue drinks tea but she doesn't drink coffee.
  • You don't work very hard.
  • We don't watch television very often.
  • The weather is usually nice. It doesn't rain very often.
  • Gerry and Linda don't know many people.

Remember:

I/we/you/they   don't

  • I don't like football.


He/she/it     Doesn't

  • He doesn't like football.



  • I don't like Fred and Fred doesn't like me.
  • My car doesn't use much petrol.
  • Sometimes he is late but it doesn't happen very often.


We use don't/doesn't + infinitive (doesn't speak/doesn't do etc.)


  • I don't like washing the car. I don't do it very often.
  • Sandra speaks Spanish but she doesn't speak Italian.
  • Bill doesn't do his job very well.
  • Paula doesn't usually have breakfast.

0 comments :

Post a Comment