Do you?

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Do you?


Do you?

Do you?

We use do/does in present simple question 

Positive   /  Question
I work    /  Do I Work?
We like   /  Do We like?
You do    /  Do You do?
They have /  Do They like?

Study the word order:

Do/does + subject + infinitive

Do you Work in the evening?
Do your friends live near here?
Does Chris play tennis?
Where do your parents live?
How often do you wash your hair?
What does this word mean?
How much does it cost to fly to Rome?

The question with always/usually/often:

Do you always have breakfast?
Does Chris often play tennis?
What do you usually do at weekends?

What do you do? = what's your job?:
What do you do?   I work in a bank.

Remember

Do  I/we/you/they    Do they like music?
Does he/she/it          Does he like music?

Short answers

Yes,    I/we/you/they do. - he/she/it does.
No,     I/we/you/they don't. - he/she/it doesn't.


  • Do you play tennis?              No, I don't. 
  • Do your parents speak English?    Yes, they do.
  • Does George work hard?           Yes, he does.
  • Does your sister live in London? No, she doesn't.

0 comments :

Post a Comment