Question is/am/are

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Question is/am/are


Question is/am/are

Question is/am/are

A-Term

Positive

I'm, he's, she's, you're, we're, they're

Question

Am I?, Is he?, Is she?, Is it? Are you? Are we?, Are they?

  • Am I late?       'No, you're on time.'
  • Is your mother at home?    'No, she's out.'
  • Are your parents at home?     'No, they're out'
  • It is cold in your room?       'Yes, they new?


We say

Is she at home / Is your mother at home?
Are they new? / Are you shoes new?

B-Term

Where?/  What?/  Who?/  How?/  Why?


  • Where is your mother?   Is she at home?
  • What colour is your car?   It's red
  • How are your parents?   Are they well?
  • How much are these postcards?   Fifty pence. 
  • Where are you from?   Canada
  • How old is Joe?      He's 24.


What's = what is

  • What's the time?
who's = who is
  • Who's that man?
how's = how is
  • Where's jill?

where's = where is

  • How's your father?


C-Term

Short answers
Yes, I am.
No, I'm not

yes, he is
no, he's not

yes, we are
no, we're not


  • Are you tired?   Yes, I am.
  • Are you hungry?  No, I'm not but I'm thirsty.
  • Are your friends English?   Yes, he is.
  • Are these your keys?  Yes, they are.
  • that's my seat.  No, it isn't.


0 comments :

Post a Comment