I have done (present perfect)

Friday, March 15, 2019

I have done (present perfect)


I have done (present perfect)

I have done


  • His shoes are dirty. he is cleaning his shoes. he has cleaned his shoes.
  • They are at home. They are going out. They have gone out.


has cleaned/ have gone etc. is the present perfect (have + past participle):

Positive form and Negative form

I have cleaned
We have finished
You have not started
they have not lost
He has done
she has not been
it has not gone

Question form

have I cleaned
have We finished
have You started
have they lost
has He been
has He gone
has He done

We use the present perfect for action in the past with a result now:


  • I've lost my passport.
  • Where's Linda?  She's gone to bed.
  • We've bought a new car.
  • It's Rachel's birthday tomorrow and I haven't bought her a present.
  • Bob is on holiday.  Oh, where has he gone?
  • Can I take this newspaper?  Have you finished with it?


0 comments :

Post a Comment