Miscellaneous Sentences

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Miscellaneous Sentences


Miscellaneous Sentences

Miscellaneous Sentences



  • The wine got into (went to) his head.
  • He got off scot-free.
  • All advice fell flat on him.
  • It is a shame you should molest these young boys.
  • He will have been here three weeks tomorrow.
  • He will die with his shoes on.
  • You may go on talking, I shall turn a deaf ear to you.
  • This cut is now out of date.
  • He is only small fry.
  • Beware of imitations.
  • We hailed a taxi driver.
  • He was reduced to a skeleton. 
  • I served him with notice.
  • He was fired.
  • I shall revenge this insult on him.
  • Help those men wash their hands.
  • Meat is not served in (at) this hotel. let us bury the hatched.
  • We are not on speaking terms with each other.
  • I know him by sight only.
  • He is serving (doing) his time now.
  • The servant has not yet wrung out my towel.
  • He will wring the neck of your frog.
  • The trailer took my measure (or measurement).
  • You want my head on a charger.
  • Now you should not wreak your vengeance on me.
  • Let us put it to auction. what is your bid?
  • I will outbid you.
  • He is not ill, he is only pretending.
  • He only knows how to say ditto, (or) he is a yes man.
  • You go on harping on the same theme.
  • You seem to have had the odd one.
  • Have you taken delivery of the consignment?
  • This road is infested with robbers.
  • Now we are quits.
  • On search, only five rupees were found in his person.
  • The murderer is still at large.
  • You let your friends down.
  • How may I call you?
  • Do not get into mischief. the lights have been turned on.
  • Sit here and scare (drive) away from the crows.
  • I motioned him to a chair.
  • What is this bolt from the blue?
  • Have you gone mad?
  • Things are going the wrong day by day.
  • You should not go back upon your word:
  • Is your period vacant?
  • Are you free now?
  • Is this seat free(vacant)?
  • We taught him a lesson.
  • you have given me ten rupees short.
  • I lose a hundred rupees, what do you lose?
  • May God preserve you!
  • Cursed be the day when you were born to me!
  • Alas! you do not come out first.
  • Hurrah! we have beaten our rivals by three goals.
  • You are going grey.
  • It is long since you honoured us with a visit.
  • My God! what a dire misfortune! 
  • He is changed out of all recognition.
  • Many brave warriors fell in the day.
  • I win over even my enemy.
  • Write to me at (to) this address.
  • Keep a sharp eye on this boy, he copies.
  • In a few moments, he took stock of the whole situation.
  • Do not tickle me.
  • What a tough customer we have got to deal with!
  • This poor fellow's days are numbered.
  • Mysterious are the ways of god things have gone bad since he went on leave.
  • This man is a stranger to a feeling of mercy.
  • Honesty won't pay (do) here.
  • This is putting a premium of dishonesty.
  • I will die and fasten the blame on you.
  • The poor boy kept looking on. 
  • Think about how it comes about.
  • All men are brothers.
  • Let us take the bus here.
  • Standing water gets stagnant.
  • The water of this tank is not worth drinking.
  • It is beyond my control.
  • He is under sentence to death.
  • He is not such a mug as lay all his cards on the table.
  • He has always some cards up his sleeve.
  • A pleasant conversation shortens the journey.
  • The mango is hot in its effect.
  • Hot tea has a cooling effect in summer.
  • What have you got under your arm?
  • At this, he looked bewildered.
  • Examine your own self.
  • This child looks very lovely.

0 comments :

Post a Comment