Daily Conversions Topic

Thursday, February 21, 2019

Daily Conversions Topic



Daily Conversions Topic

Daily Conversions Topic

  • Health and Disease



My father is laid up with malaria.
The patient is on a fair way to recovery.
He is far gone in consumption.
Press my head gently, it relieves me a bit.
My eyes are sore and running.
The boil has suppurated and is pointing.
My stomach is upset.
My bowels do not move freely.
Yes, you should take some laxative.
I fell nausea.
My friend feels rather feverish (or, has a temperature).
I am out of sorts today.
Yesterday I was taken suddenly ill (or, fell suddenly ill).
Why have you bandaged your arm?


  • Law and Order



The District Magistrate will deliver judgement tomorrow.
It was thought that he would be discharged but the magistrate framed charges against him.
The shopkeeper went bail for the accused.
The judge sentenced the accused to two years' rigorous imprisonment.
He has been sentenced to death.
The police are (or, are) investigating this matter.
The culprit absconded, but the police have got some clue.
The accused petitioned an appeal in the high court against the decision of the judge.
If all the defence witnesses had given their evidence, he would have been acquitted.
The offence is unbailable.
Nowadays litigation is on the increase.
My brother has brought (put up) a civil (or criminal) case against me.
Ram has got (trumped) up a false case against Shyam.
The date of the hearing has not yet been fixed.
The witness gave false evidence.
This amount is time-barred.


  • Business And Money 



Nothing is sold here on credit.
Come, let us strike (clinch) a bargain.
He does a roaring trade nowadays.
What did this knife coast you?
What did this knife cost you?
These pairs of shoes are for sale.
I purchased these two tables at the auction.
Everybody complains of trade depression nowadays.
What did your bicycle sell for?
The cloth has come down but gold has gone up tremendously.
He is over head and ears in dept.
Do you owe anything to anybody?
I want a loan of hundred rupees, what interest will you charge?
Creditors have to submit accounts to debtors every year.


  • Games and Amusements



Putting the weight will take place at 2. p.m and cycle race at 6.
Baldev went to see a matinee show today.
This film had a run of four weeks in Delhi.
I am of opinion that most films corrupt the morals of young men.
When miss Gita finished her song everyone cried out, "once more, once more."
As soon as the curtain was raised the audience broke into clapping even then you are a film fan.
Yesterday we played a cricket match against the government school team on their grounds.
We won the toss and our opponents went to the field.
Our bowlers were smart.
Our first innings stood at two hundred runs.
Every player has to submit to the umpire's decision.
Tug-of-war requires much exertion.


  • Travelling



Coolie, weigh this luggage and label.
The pointsman has lowered the signal.
In big seas sometimes sailing vessels capsize.
The ship cast anchor.
I have booked my passage in the Sapna aeroplane.
The ship is underway.
This ship is bound for America.
Look here! the ship has weighed anchor.
I shall fly up to Mumbai and then sail for Karachi.
We can see aeroplane-descend and fly.
We are lucky today.
The Punjab mail got derailed near Saharanpur.
This train is due at half past four but today it is late. perhaps there has been an accident.

0 comments :

Post a Comment